About Me

My photo
I live close to Houston, TX in a cypress swamp. I love the cypress trees, the frogs croaking in the evening, and the beautiful green color of the trees in the hot summer. I have 2 children, Allyson, 31 and Chris, 28. They both live nearby so we are a very close family. Ally is an insurance agent and Chris works at the Houston Zoo in the bird department. He is the supervisor of his area. I have 2 grand babies, Kahner Ray Krengle and Garrett Alexander Krengle. Kahner is very special and whatever Kahner wants Kahner gets from his Nana. Kevin is my son-in-law who I adore and love very much. I am married to Dr. Gary Holmes. He is an administrator for the LaPorte ISD. He, also, is an adjunct prof at UHCL. I love almost everything to do with nature and the arts.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving with Family

We had a very nice Thanksgiving. I ate with my Family. Nancy, Jimmy, Haley, Linsi, Matt, Allyson, Kahner, Chris, and Mother and Daddy. Mother fixed her really good cornbread dressing with all the fixings. I baked a spice pumpkin cake. Jimmy fixed the most yummy Turkey on the planet. It was soooo good. We all had a good time talking and catching up.

Gary had Thanksgiving with his Family. Me and the kids went back and forth from Sheppard's to Holmes's. I was pretty tired by the end of the day. Holmes's had ribs and fixings. I fixed lemon bars for their feast with a salad. Gary's Dad was very weak and did not feel well. Kahner really enjoyed playing with his little cousin Gracie. She is just a few months older. All of Gary's brothers came and their wives and children. The only one missing was Maggie.

I am very Thankful for my family. All of my Family. I am especially thankful for my loving husband and my children and grandchildren. God is good.

Lisa

No comments: