About Me

My photo
I live close to Houston, TX in a cypress swamp. I love the cypress trees, the frogs croaking in the evening, and the beautiful green color of the trees in the hot summer. I have 2 children, Allyson, 31 and Chris, 28. They both live nearby so we are a very close family. Ally is an insurance agent and Chris works at the Houston Zoo in the bird department. He is the supervisor of his area. I have 2 grand babies, Kahner Ray Krengle and Garrett Alexander Krengle. Kahner is very special and whatever Kahner wants Kahner gets from his Nana. Kevin is my son-in-law who I adore and love very much. I am married to Dr. Gary Holmes. He is an administrator for the LaPorte ISD. He, also, is an adjunct prof at UHCL. I love almost everything to do with nature and the arts.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Bird Shows

I'm currently getting ready to go to Bird Shows. I love the birds. Especially the canaries. The Canary and Finch Society was suppose to host their 13th show this weekend. We worked hard (canary board) to get the show as for as we did but Hurricane Ike shut the hotel down until repairs are done. I'm planning on going to Lone Star Canary Show, Tulsa, Temple, and National.

I hope everything works out Okay. The weather is so nice and the temperature is a relief from the hot and humid days we have had this summer. Please keep Bill and Mary in your prayers. They are still out of their home and so is Charlene Saunders. I don't know if Bill and Mary will go back after their house is fixed. It is such a shame that people have gone through such horrific changes. Over and out......

No comments: