About Me

My photo
I live close to Houston, TX in a cypress swamp. I love the cypress trees, the frogs croaking in the evening, and the beautiful green color of the trees in the hot summer. I have 2 children, Allyson, 31 and Chris, 28. They both live nearby so we are a very close family. Ally is an insurance agent and Chris works at the Houston Zoo in the bird department. He is the supervisor of his area. I have 2 grand babies, Kahner Ray Krengle and Garrett Alexander Krengle. Kahner is very special and whatever Kahner wants Kahner gets from his Nana. Kevin is my son-in-law who I adore and love very much. I am married to Dr. Gary Holmes. He is an administrator for the LaPorte ISD. He, also, is an adjunct prof at UHCL. I love almost everything to do with nature and the arts.

Monday, October 27, 2008

I rode to Plano with Debbie and we had a terrific time. It nice to share with someone on such a long drive. I planned to go to Tulsa to the bird show but my allergies and my body was tired. I am going to Temple.

Lone Star Canary Club puts on a good show. Cindy Crow and I tried to sale a few little birds. Cindy sold enough to pay for her side of the table but I sold no timbrados. Neither did Debbie. I believe that we are being black listed by the other women club members. I'm sorry that sort of thing goes on. Cindy and I had a great time sitting there talking and laughing. Debbie had to work the show area and was having a really hard time trying to keep the judge straight and the stewards kept leaving her to do it all. By the end of the day our birds had no water but a few ribbons.

I don't think I will try and sale birds there next year. If we even go next year? Have a good week!

No comments: